Friday, January 24, 2014

The perils of driving small cars

I was supposed to be here at the dealership this morning. Ice on the overpasses and brdges delayed that.
I just didn't want to push my luck, seeing as I used up the weekly allotment yesterday.
Aside from periodical evasive maneuvers to avoid being crushed by trucks, road debris has become a much more serious hazard than it was in the old Astro beater van.

This is what a very expensive 18" seven spoke wheel looks like after running over a 4x4 fence post conveniently deposited in front of me at 60 mph.
The wheel, and now my wallet have a boo boo. Given the traffic at the time, this could have been really bad.

5 comments:

  1. Alloy wheel, too? Did that to my jeep once, when I had a flat trying to get off the road. Junkyard hooked me up with a new one for pretty cheap. Then again, I don't know how common a Scion wheel is compared to a ubiquitous JGC wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, alloy.
    They can be found on eBay and the intertubes at large, but I just didn't have the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, glad to hear you're OK. That could have ended up a lot worse.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not moderated. Disagreement is fine as long as you address the message, not the messenger. In other words, don't be an ass.